This one day workshop will reveal how to recall and apply some of the most important elements of non-verbal communication that can be applied to all aspects of life.
"Body Language" transmits more information, and a clearer impression, than either verbal tone or the actual words spoken. According to Albert Mehrabian the ratio is 7% (words), 38% (tone) and 55% (body language).
Understanding this, learning essential principles and absorbing key tools on how to apply the methods are utterly invaluable in building rapport, being taken seriously (or otherwise) and effectively getting your message across.
£65 "Early Bird" offer available until October 29th
£75 "Late Booker" available until November 11th
The day will partly focus on how to apply Body Language techniques in stand-up comedy performances as it is a more fun approach than staid "classroom" learning.
However, the examples can be applied far beyond the stage. Further focus will be given to various social situations as selected by the attending students themselves.
Non-verbal communication skills can be applied to a comedy performance, a job interview, dating, parenting, managing people (or being managed by an idiot) or just being that more clear and agreeable in general life.
Grasping the elements of "Body Language" is an essential life skill.
This workshop will:
* Explain key principles that can be brought to mind and effect in most situations
* Swiftly build confidence in most aspects of life and society
* Feature fun games and exercises to demonstrate effectiveness
* Provide performed examples of good/poor body language
* Provide students a fun chance to get up and give it a go, with immediate feedback
* Understand how different body language "rules" are not universal, yet based on geographical and social structures
* Demonstrate how the principles apply across the social spectrum of performance, business, romance, parenting, friendship and more.
A fun and fact-filled day is assured. Many attending will likely have a comedy background though that is by no means essential as the rules and applications are extremely broad.
Tutor Alfie Noakes runs We Are Funny Project and We Are Fascinating Project and was a Radio and TV Presenter, Writer, Producer and Director for more than a decade, having the privilege to work with a broad range of talented household names. Over the last 10 years Alfie has produced 100s of comedy shows and workshops with some of the finest comedy talent in the UK, and also MCing over 1000 stand up comedy shows during that period.